Recently, the untethered jailbreak for iPad 2 and iPhone 4S is released via Absinthe. For untethered Jailbreaking your iPad 2 or iPhone 4S, you have to download Absinthe first. You can follow the below mentioned steps to Jailbreak your device.
iPhone 4S Untethered Jailbreak Video
iPad 2 Untethered Jailbreak Video
How to Jailbreak the iPhone 4S or iPad 2 with Absinthe
- Download: First step is to download Absinthe (V0.4: Mac – Windows – Linux)on your computer, extract the file and run the file on your system.
- Make a Connection: Connect your iPad 2 or iPhone 4S to your computer using USB port.
- Jailbreak: You can now click on the “Jailbreak” to begin the process of Jailbreaking. This will run the Absinthe Jailbreak on your computer. You may notice that your iPhone 4S or iPad 2 will start restoring a backup after few minutes. You can read a message on the screen “Restoring in Progress”. The process may take a while to complete so wait patiently and do not click on any button.
- Unlock your device: After your device completes the restoring process, unlock your device if needed. You will notice a new Absinthe icon on Home screen of your iDevice.
- Tap Absinthe icon: Now, you can tap on the Absinthe icon and it will lead you to the GreenPois0n site. Absinthe will than reboot the iPhone 4S or iPad 2. You may notice that Cydia will replace the Absinthe icon after your device loads back.
- Done. The process may take a long time than other untethered jailbreak methods, but you can easily jailbreak your device following simple steps as described in this tutorial.
After Jailbreaking your iPhone 4S and iPad 2, you can now use Cydia to download all the latest tweaks and jailbreak apps for free.
Let us know about your feedback or your experience with Jailbreaking in the comments below!!
With the release of Linux version of Absinthe all platform can access tools to Jailbreak their iPhone 4S and iPad 2. Recently, we have already covered article to Jailbreak iPhone and iPad with Absinthe on OS X and Windows. But still we do not want to put our Linux reader aloft. Despite the lack of iTunes, it is easy to apply an untethered Jailbreak with Absinthe on Linux.
Step 1: Libimobile device package allows Linux to communicate with your iPhones 4S, iPad 2 and other iOS devices. You need to install it on your Linux distribution with the following steps:
- Type: “sudo add-apt-repository ppa:pmcenery/ppa” at the terminal
- If you received ay warning on the way accept them and install the package.
- Next Type: “sudo apt-get update”
- Go for Ubuntu software centre and look for Livemobiledevice and install Livemobiledevice-utils. Reboot your device and Linux will be able to recognize it.
It varies with Linux distribution, so if you have different Linux distribution then take it as a loose guide and visit http://www.libimobiledevice.org/ for more information.
Step 2: Download Absinthe v0.3 for Linux.
Step 3: If you have 64 bit, x86 machine then double click on Absinthe x86_64 to run.
Step 4: Absinthe will detect your device when you switch it ON, now click Jailbreak to start the magic.
Step 5: Until the loading bar is complete, do not press any button, no intervention is needed here. Once it gets completed, find Absinthe icon at the home page of your device and then launch it to complete the Jailbreak.
Step 6: Once your device reboots, you will see a Cydia icon on your desktop.
If you are a Linux user, then share your experience and comment for Jailbreaking iOS with Absinthe. We are eager to listen from your side.
iPhone 4S Untethered Jailbreak Video
iPad 2 Untethered Jailbreak Video
See !! How you can Jailbreak the iPhone 4S or iPad 2 with Absinthe ?
Step 2: Connect your iPad 2 or iPhone 4S via USB data cable.
Step 3: Hit the “Jailbreak” button to execute the Absinthe Jailbreak. It will take a few minutes in starting, and then your iPad 2 or iPhone 4S will start to restore its backup. This step is known as “Restoring in Progress”. It’s a bit more lengthy process, seems like the system hanged but don’t bother about it. Do not touch the device and let it finish completely.
Step 4: Once the process of restoring is complete, you will get an icon of Absinthe at your screen. Tap the Absinthe icon and load the GreenPois0n site, when the backup is completereboot your device. Now you will see that the Absinthe icon is replaced with Cydia icon.
Step 5: Now your iPad 2 or iPhone 4S is Jailbroken. You can start downloading your favorite tweaks and Jailbreak apps.
A lot of developers would now be interested in using iOS 5’s latest AirPlay mirroring for FaceTime on iPad2 and Apple TV. Apple has has made it very easy to take personal video calls from family when you are already on some business call. This is an amazing feature that enables to group such calls and helps everyone to get in at the same time.
Only users who have iPad 2 and Apple TV on iOS 5 beta 3 can enjoy this great new feature. A developer needs to get all the software needed through Apple’s developer portal. Otherwise join now and click here to become a paid member.
Don’t forget that Airplay mirroring can be done only with iPad 2. An iPhone 4 or iPod touch 4 can always be used to make a call to iPad 2 but those devices cannot mirror display. This is possible only with iPad 2.
How To Use iOS 5 AirPlay Mirroring To Mirror FaceTime Calls From iPad 2 To Apple TV
Before you get started, you need to get your UDIDs registered with Apple. The devices will not activate unless you have your UDIDs registered properly.
- Use iTunes 10.5 beta 3 to install iOS 5 beta 3 on your iPad 2.
- Get iOS 5 beta installed on your Apple TV. Use the micro USB cable to tether it to your computer. It is always recommended to use Xcode.
- Use the same Wi-Fi network for both the devices.
- Start the FaceTime on your iPad 2 or you can always wait for someone to call you on your FaceTime.
- Go to the Fast App Switcher by double clicking the Home button.
- Get to the Airplay button after swiping from left to right.
- Tap on the tab AirPlay and choose the source as Apple TV.
- Swipe the mirroring from off to on.
Here you go, you are now ready to get your FaceTime call any time you want on the big screen. With iOS 5 you can always mirror apps and games whenever you disconnect your FaceTime call. On ending the call, start with any game like Plants vs. Zombies or OmniGraffle and get hooked on the big screen fun.
One of the most electrifying aspects of iPad 2 is the ability to enjoy video calls. In this article we will explain how to make video calls with iPad 2 using Facetime, and sign up to call someone you adore enjoying a live video chat.
iPad 2 has always been better suitable for video chats rather than taking photos. Taking photos is not very easy with iPad because of its huge size, but the video chatting feature could be a breeze when done from iPad 2.
The arrival of Facetime on the iPad 2 now allows users to do live video chats with family and friends. If you are at ease with iPhone which has a built-in Facetime in the phone app, it is somewhat a different case. The resolution of the cameras is same. So, if you tend to feel that your main screen image looks better, it is due to the fact that you are using a huge iPad screen instead of a minuscule iPhone screen.
So, first of all, before making any video calls, you need to register Facetime with your Apple ID. This is the same ID which is operated by Apple and the App storehouse for purchases. Once your Apple ID is configured with your Facetime account, an email will be sent to you for verification. This will be the medium of the link between you and your callers i.e. you will use it to call others and vice versa.
How to Make Video Calls with iPad 2 using FaceTime
This consists of the following steps:
Register Your Details
You can register your details by entering Settings app and in the list of built-in apps toggle FaceTime On. You are also required to enter your Apple ID. Next enter the email and password and tap on Sign In.
Select an Address
You can select from different email addresses, to be used by FaceTime to make calls because it can use various addresses. You can enter the one you want to use for making calls. The verification process will be completed immediately if you select the same ID as your Apple ID. But if it is a different address other than that of Apple ID, an email containing the verification information will be sent to that ID.
Get Into FaceTime
After the successful verification process, the details containing your account will be shown and you will have your access enabled to FaceTime App features. Now, you may tap on Exit settings and then tap FaceTime App. The screen will display the front-facing camera view. Now you may open up list of contacts in FaceTime by tapping on the contact box located at the bottom.
Make a call
You are now all ready to make calls. All you need to do is to tap on the person’s contact to call. If, the contact you are calling, has an email address registered on FaceTime, it will be shown beside blue video camera. Now you may make a call by just tapping on the email address.
Well. Now you know how to use it in a smarter way. All you need to do is to get your friends who are still not registered with FaceTime to do so.
Cameras In Use
While activating FaceTime for calls, you see your camera view on the screen. But when Facetime makes a call, the original camera view shrinks to the small size, so that you can see yourself, and enlarges the streaming video of the contact you called.
The name list contains not only those whom you add into the FaceTime list but it contains a database of your entire contact list. You may check whether your contact has a FaceTime email registered or not by tapping on the contact.
The essence of FaceTime technology is that it connects people together when they are sitting far away from each other. Utilizing both cameras at the same time is the basic function of the FaceTime app. Making a call through this is such an awesome feeling because it lets you call your friend with a face to face communication. Your front camera serves as a visual streaming device of your video. While your friend’s front camera streams the video to your device. You can also switch to use the rear camera view; all you need to do to enable this is to tap on camera symbol to switch your camera from front facing to rear view.
People in Touch
Additionally, call records include both dialed and received calls. If you intend to call a contact again, it will be a nice feature to use frequently. Now you know better about How to Make Video Calls with iPad 2 using FaceTime.
If you want to downgrade your iOS to its previous version, you have an option to proceed with i.e. downgrading; and this is very common as regards iPhones. In this concise but straight-forward tutorial we will explain how to downgrade iOS 5.0.1 to 4.3.3, 4.3.5 on iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad 2/1 and iPod Touch.
It is to been known that Apple allows you to downgrade your iOS firmware only when a previous SHSH blob (for iOS 4.x) is backed up by you already.
How to Downgrade iOS 5.0.1 On iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad and iPod Touch:
Now, the first step you have to take for downgrading your iOS5.0.1 to 4.3.3 or 4.3.5 is to download the IPSW files (firmware files) for the specific version of iOS. These files can be downloaded from the links below (directly from Apple).
iOS 5.0 IPSW for all iDevices:
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 4 (GSM)
- iPhone 4 (CDMA)
- iPhone 3GS
- iPad 2 WiFi
- iPad 2 GSM
- iPad 2 CDMA
- iPod touch 3G
- iPod touch 4G
- Apple TV (4.4)
iOS 4.3.5 IPSW for all iDevices:
iOS 4.3.3 / 4.2.8 IPSW for all iDevices:
Step One – Change your Device to DFU Mode:
As a first step of downgrading your system, get your device into DFU mode. To do this, follow the steps as mentioned below:
- Connect your iDevice to your system through USB
- Now, keep pressing the power button for one or two seconds.
- At the same time, press the Home button too, without pulling up the Power button.
- Hold that for about 15 seconds
- Now release the Power button only – without releasing the Home button
- Keep holding for about 10 seconds or more
- You see, the screen of your iPhone or iPad has become completely black – which means that is is now in DFU mode.
- Now, go to this folder in Windows: C:/Windows/System32/drivers/etc
- On a Mac, that would merely be /etc
- You’ll find a file called “hosts” in the folder. Make a backup copy of it somewhere.
- Now, add the following lines to the end of the “hosts” file ( the original file, not the backup)
- 184.108.40.206 gs.apple.com
- Save the file.
Step Three – Restore your Device:
Now, get ready to restore your iPhone or iPad to the IPSW firmware file which we had downloaded before performing Step One.
- Launch iTunes on your system and, from the sidebar, select your device. Have you found the ‘Restore’ option there? Don’t click on that.
- Now press the left Shift and, without releasing that, click on Restore. It will prompt for a file to be traced.
- Select the correct IPSW file for your device.
It is possible that you may receive an error like Error 10xx. Here xx denotes to any number like 14. Don’t be bothered about that. A tool like TinyUmbrella or Fix Recovery can be used to ward off the error. If all goes well, your iPhone or iPad shall be downgraded to the version of the iOS you have chosen.
It has been confirmed that this method works perfectly as long as you have a back up of SHSH blobs from your device beforehand for the versions of iOS like 4.x.