Monthly Archives: April 2012
If you want to sell your iPhone or iPad to someone, it is better to transfer ownership of your device with default factory settings. Restoring your device to its factory settings is an easy process and you may have to do this as a troubleshooting step again and again if you face problems. Even though, you can reset the device on its own, but if your iPhone or iPad become unresponsive, needs restoration, stuck on a boot loop, then you have to connect computer to your iOS device to access iTunes.
If you want to restore your device quickly, using iTunes is much faster option than resetting through the iPad or iPhone itself, so if you are trying for on-device restoration and it took forever, we already warned you.
How to Restore an iPhone or iPad to Default using iTunes
Do not restore from a backup If you want to restore to factory settings during following process:
- Launch iTunes
- Connect the iPad, iPod touch, or iPhone to your computer and select it within iTunes, check the “Show” button if it is not visible
- Click on the “Summary” tab and then click on the “Restore” button
- iTunes will show you a message asking you to back up the device, although this is recommended in most cases but for restoring factory settings, just click “Don’t Back Up”
- The confirmation screen will appear, click “Restore” and it will begin restoration of factory settings on your device.
You will receive an alert message from iTunes when restoration is finished. It takes sometime before iTunes show you an alert message. As soon as restoration is done, your device will boot up and will reset to default factory settings. You need to connect all devices that are pre iOS 5 to iTunes to complete the process. With iOS 5 devices, your device will show you set up screens that will guide you for booting process.
In we already mentioned in our steps, if you are restoring factory settings, do not select to restore from a backup during the process as it will only make a new installation and your device will contain the same old data you had before the restoration began.
If your device is already Jailbroken, you may encounter with error 3194 during this process. If you face such situation, just change the the hosts file before starting to restore your device to factory settings.
Feel free to share your feedback in the comments below!!
Internet Explorer has a Smart Screen filter that stops users from opening any unrecognized programs. With Window 8, the IE Smart Screen filter has now been expanded to the entire OS. However, the filter can become quiet annoying specially if you are an experienced user and know what you are doing. In this article we will explain how to disable Smart Screen filter in Windows 8.
How to Disable Smart Screen Filter In Windows 8
1. Click on Control Panel from the Metro App List.
2. Now click on “System and Security”.
3. From the System and Settings, click on “Action Center”.
4. Within the Action Center, expand the security list and scroll down to Smart Screen Options. Within this section, click on “Change Settings”.
5. Provide your computer password, if prompted.
6. Now select the “Turn Off Windows SmartScreen” and click OK.
Some people might want to make phone calls from their iPhones without having their Caller ID being showed to the recipient of the call. One way to do that is to pre-dial *67 before making your calls. In this article we will explain how to hide your Caller ID on iPhone while calling a business/landline or mobile phone.
How to Hide Your Caller ID on iPhone
In order to hide your Caller ID on iPhone, perform the following steps:
- Go to Settings.
- Now scroll through the list of settings and tap on Phone.
- Scroll to Calls.
- Now tap on Show My Caller ID.
- You would now see a switch. Turn it OFF.
Samsung Galaxy Nexus is one of the best selling Android phones and is certainly a device that is giving iPhone a run for its money. Samsung Galaxy Nexus has a lot of features that other Android devices currently lack. This is also because most other Android devices are yet to receive their update of Android Ice Cream Sandwich. Samsung Galaxy Nexus, like iPhone allows you to take screenshots on the Galaxy Nexus which can allow users to share their settings and wallpapers. In this article we will explain how to take a screenshot on Samsung Galaxy Nexus Android Phone.
How to Take a Screenshot on Samsung Galaxy Nexus Android Phone
In order to take a screen shot on Samsung Galaxy Nexus Android Phone, do the following:
- Go to the screen that you want to capture.
- Disable the apps that you dont want to show up in your screenshot.
- Now press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power button.
- You should now hear the camera shutter sound, which will indicate that the screenshot has been taken.
Screenshots in Samsung Galaxy Nexus are stored in Internal StoragePicturesScreenshots folder. In order to view your latest screenshot pull down the notification bar and tap on “Screen captured”.
That’s all you need to do in order to take screen shots in Samsung Galaxy Nexus.
One of the most brilliant features in Windows 8 is application switching via gestures. So you can switch between an app by sliding your finger across the left side of the screen, or by simply moving your mouse to the corner. In this article we will explain how to disable application switching in Windows 8.
How to Disable Application Switching in Windows 8
In order to disable application switching in Windows 8, perform the following steps:
- Press Windows + I key and wait for the sidebar to appear. When the sidebar appears, click on the “More PC Settings” section.
- This will open up a new “Metro Control Panel”. Within this panel head over to the General Section.
- Within the General Section, you can see the Application switching being enabled on the right-hand side.
- Now just click on the slider and it will disable Application switching.
- You can test your new settings by going to the top-left corner of your screen. This will no longer switch between applications.
AT&T now allows its subscribers to unlock their iPhones. However, the only caveat was that in doing so users would lose their jailbreak. However, it is now possible to unlock AT&T iPhone 4S without losing your jailbreak. In this article we will explain how to unlock AT&T iPhone 4S without losing your jailbreak.
The new unlock method uses SAM (Subscriber Authentication Module), which fakes your subscriber authentication to make iTunes believe that your phone is already activated. Thus iTunes does not activates your phone using your officially supported carrier. Therefore, your iPhone can continue to run on an unofficial carrier’s SIM.
How to Unlock AT&T iPhone 4S Without Losing Your Jailbreak
In order to unlock AT&T iPhone 4S, perform the following steps:
- Go to the Cydia Store and add the following repo to the list of sources:http://repo.bingner.com
- Now install SAM from the newly added Repo.
- Once SAM is installed, go back to the Settings app.
- Now press the De-Activate iPhone button and connect your phone to iTunes.
- iTunes will think that the SIM in your device is from an official carrier and will activate your iPhone.
That’s it! You will now have an unlocked iPhone 4S!
If you are one of those persons who browse private surface in public settings, such as your office then there might be times when you would have to leave your desk while having the private browsing session open. In this article we will explain how to automatically close private browsing session in Firefox after a certain inactivity period.
How to Automatically Close Private Browsing Session In Firefox After A Certain Inactivity Period
Firefox now has a new extension called PB Exit. PB Exit just closes your private browsing windows on Firefox automatically after 10 minutes of inactivity i.e. after 10 minutes have passed since the last page load or tab switch.
PB Exit is one of the simplest Firefox extensions. After you have it installed, it would just run in the background and will close private browsing tabs after 10 minutes of inactivity. Currently PB Exit does not have any settings, but the developer has made a note in the extension’s description that he may allow users the ability to set customer idle time in the future.
Most iPhone users have to frequently archive or delete their email. However, if you accidently deleted or archived an email, you can recover it back. In this article we will explain how to recover archived or deleted emails on iPhone.
- From your iPhone inbox, tap the Mailboxes button in the upper-left corner.
- This will take you to the main screen of the Mail app.
- Now, tap your account below the Accounts header.
- In here you would be able to see both the Trash and All Mail folder.
- For deleted messages, tap on Trash and for archived messages tap on All Mail folder.
- Now tap on the deleted or archived message that you want to retrieve and tap the folder icon button at the bottom.
- Now you can move the deleted or archived message to the Inbox or any other folder.