How to Unroot the Sprint Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch Android Phone (SPH-D710)
If you have a rooted phone, you may want to unroot it before visiting a service center for a repair for any other reason. This will help you get your warranty back and save you from an unwanted conversation with the sales person at service center. If you want to unlock the Sprint’s version of the Galaxy S2 smartphone, Sprint Epic 4G Touch, keep reading this article to learn about how to do it.
I. Before You Begin
- Windows 7 or Windows XP desktop is necessary as this is a Windows-based tutorial.
- Before starting, make it sure that all Samsung drivers are up to date on your computer. You can make it sure by installing the latest Samsung Kies desktop application that installs all the latest drivers automatically for you.
- Download Odin3 v1.85.
- Download the latest stock ROM (EL29 as of now) from Sprint for the Epic 4G Touch.
II. How to Unroot the Sprint Galaxy S2 Epic 4G
- Extract ODIN3_v1.85.zip to a folder on your desktop.
- Extract D710USEL29_20120105151142_Stock.zip you downloaded above to a folder on your desktop.
- Run Odin3_v1.85.exe in the extracted folder but make sure that the Odin3.ini file remains in its primary location.
- Now, click on the PDA Button and select HOME_SPH-D710_CL852097_user.tar.md5 from the folder you extracted above.
- Check under the Option section that only Auto Reboot is checked. Uncheck all of the other boxes that are checked except of Auto Reboot.
- Turn OFF your Epic 4G Touch.
- Once your device is turned OFF, you can now press Volume Down and then press the Power button. Again, press Volume Up and your device will go into Download Mode.
- Make a connection between your PC and device using USB port. Kies must be installed before making connection. You will notice that the ID:COM will turn yellow, which indicates that your device is recognized. Now, the Odin window should look like this:
- To initiate, Click on Start button. Once the process is complete, Odin will begin flashing the stock ROM and reboot your device.
This is it!! You can download and use Root Checker to confirm if you have successfully unroot your device. Once confirmed, feel free to contact any service center without any worry.
You can provide use feedback about our blog in the comments below!!