How to Subscribe to Magazines on the New iPad 3
With the new retina display, reading newspapers or magazines becomes more fun and amazing on the new iPad. Apple’s new iPad comes with a built-in feature known as “Newsstand” that enables the users to manage and organize all your subscriptions and recent issues. Newsstand can help users to keep their subscribed magazines and newspapers anywhere you want on you iPad in more organized way. It also allows new editions of the subscribed magazines to download over night so you can get updated news and related content when you wake up!!
Note: Do not mix Newsstand with any other app as it is not an app but a folder on your home screen that contains magazines and newspapers that are actually apps. The Newsstand folder helps users to keep magazines and newspapers apps organized and makes it easier to find them.
In this article, we will discuss two different ways to get magazines and newspapers onto your new iPad to make it more helpful for you.
How to get magazines and newspapers from within Newsstand
- Open Newsstand. Go to you Home screen and Tap the Newsstand folder.
- Virtual Bookshelf. A virtual bookshelf will appear in front of you once you open the Newsstand folder. You can now view all your subscriptios here on the virtual bookshelf.
- Start Subscribing. To subscribe to a new magazine or a newspaper, you can tap on the Store icon at the top right corner of your screen.
- Download Magazines App. You can now browse different categories and can download magazine and book apps according to your interests.
How to get magazines and newspapers from the App Store
- Launch the App Store.
- Go to the Categories tab at the bottom.
- Select Newsstand
Even though, both are different approaches but the end result is same. You can now start filling up your bookshelf by browsing and downloading the magazines, books and newspapers you seek.
- To Browser the offers listed in Newsstand, you can follow one of the two ways. Choose between the release date and featured options at the top of Newsstand.
- After deciding about the magazine or a book while browsing, you can check out the rates or if the app is free by scrolling down a bit. You may find most of the items free to download but for paid items, you have to purchase a subscription as an in-app purchase. You can also find some publications that allows readers to purchase individual issues. We will discuss these publications later in the article.
- If you want to subscribe, you can just tap the price below the cover picture.
- As soon as you tap the price, it will convert into “Install App” button. Tap on it to begin downloading app on your iPad.
- The new pop up will appear that will ask you to provide your iTunes password. Provide the details and Tap OK to start downloading your selected subscription to Newsstand.
How to get a subscription with an in-app purchase
- In case you already have downloaded a publication to Newsstand, just tap on the publication in order to open it.
- You may find every publication a bit different from each other but you can find a section in every subscription where you can subscribe or purchase individual issues, if they offer it.
- You can now select the issue or subscription and tap the price that will turn into “Install App” button. Tap it again and begin downloading.
- Again, you will be asked for your iTunes password. Provide details and you will be done.
The good thing with Newsstand is that it automatically download all the new versions of the subscribed magazines and newspaper if you subscribed for a certain time duration e.g for one year, or 6 months. To sync your subscriptions for all of your devices, you can also enable automatic downloads on your iPad.
How to Enabe automatic downloads
If you own number of different iOS devices like an iPad, iPhone or iPod touch, you can access all of your subscriptions on all of your devices without buying them again and again for each iOS device (only if you’re signed into the same iTunes account on each iOS device).
- On your iPad, Go to Settings >Store.
- Tap the Store option.
- You can now choose to turn automatic downloads on for apps, music, magazines, books, and any newspaper you are subscribed to. You can toggle the apps from the list ON or OFF that you’d like to sync for all of your devices.
This is it!! You can now enjoy reading all of your favorite subscriptions on retina display of your new iPad or on any other iOS device that you own. Keep reading our blog for upcoming how to articles on more iPad tips and tricks.
Feel free to let us know about your feedback in the comments below!!