How To Root the Motorola Droid Razr Android Phone
Confirmed Working: Motorola Version. 6.11.748.XT912.Verizon.en.US
NOTE: This root technique was executed on CSMA (Verizon) Droid Razr and we cannot confirm this technique would work on GSM. However, it is expected to work on GSM also.
Before You Start:
- Windows PC is required to carry out this root technique
- Set ADM on your computer properly before starting and Android SDK. Click here for official ADB setup if you haven’t done it yet.
Downloading Essential Files:
- Click http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1341578
- Download all the USB drivers from Motorola.
- Download the recently launched version of ZERGRUSH by DooMLoRD (visit the official forum thread of DooMLoRD for latest version).
How to Install USB Drivers:
- Install the downloaded Motorola USB drivers with the help of .exe file
- Restart your system (highly recommended)
How to Connect Your Phone:
- Go to Settings > Applications > Development and ensure “USB Debugging” is checked on your phone
- Select “Charge Only” as the USB connection method after Connecting Droid Razr to your computer.
- Type “adb devices” (without the quotes) in Command prompt. Now , you will find listing for your phone and if you got a message “device not found,” then it is highly possible that ADB is not properly installed.
- Unzip the downloaded DooMLorD file in a new folder (Recommended).
- Run the “RUNME.bat” file by double clicking on it
- You will have the root access once your device reboots
You can confirm by launching any app, which needs root access. Go for Titanium Backup and you will be prompted for root access through SuperUser app that is now installed on your Motorola Droid Razr.
We also recommend to have a look at the following video demo for rooting Motorola Droid Razr: