How to Root Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360
The Galaxy Y (GT-S5360) is now becoming increasingly popular among smart phone users. This popularity increased the interest of developers and has hence been rooted that make it possible to pave the way for custom ROMs on this affordable smart phone. This article includes a detailed How To tutorial that can help you in taking that first step and experiencing some of what the big developers get to do.
- Make sure that your device is completely charged to avoid any mishaps during the procedure as a result of battery drainage.
- Go to Settings > Applications > Development and check the box next to “Enable USB Debugging” to enable USB Debugging on your device before proceeding further.
- Run the Samsung Kies or any other application that might interfere with the process on your Windows PC.
- Before proceeding with the process, make sure to create a backup of all your data. Even though, creating backup is not mandatory but it is highly recommended in case anything goes wrong during the process.
How to Root the Phone
- Download Root Package. The first step is to download the necessary root package. You can download the root package from here.
- Copy the file. You can now Copy the downloaded update.zip file to the top folder of the microSD card. There is no need to extract the file uptil now.
- Turn your device off. Unplug the device from your PC before turning it Off.
- Recovery mode – You can now keep your device to recovery mode. You have to press and hold the volume up key + home key together and press the power button. This will put your device into recovery mode.
- Update your Device. Now, locate the copied update.zip file at the microSD card and apply update from SD card. You can use the volume button to navigate and can use power button to select the option.
- Done. The rooting process will take sometime to complete. Once it is done, you can select Reboot system that will restart your device.
This is it!! let us us know about your feedback in the comments below!!