How To Install iOS 5.0.1 Beta Firmware Without Developer’s Account
Apple has already seeded iOS 5.0.2 Firmware for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch to developers. However if you want to install iOS 5.0.1 beta, you must get yourself registered as a developer even if you are not one. Here is a tutorial that will help in teaching you how to install an iOS 5.0.1 beta even if you don’t have a developer’s account with Apple.
The only problem with iOS 5.0.1 beta is that the user is not able to install it on his device unless he gets its UDID registered after having a developer account. So a developer is not only able to download iOS beta firmware but he can also install it. The guide already contains IPSW direct links of iOS 5.0.1 beta and it will surely teach you how to install iOS 5.0.1 even without having a developers account.
You will need the following files:
1. IPSW for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
- iPad 2 (Wi-Fi)
- iPad 2 (GSM)
- iPad 2 (CDMA)
- iPad 1
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 4 (GSM)
- iPhone 4 (CDMA)
- iPhone 3GS
- iPod touch 4G
- iPod touch 3G
3. i-Funbox or iPhone Explorer for Windows and Mac
How To Install iOS 5.0.1 Firmware Without Developer Account:
- Download the iOS 5.0.1 IPSW and connect your device to the computer. Start the iTunes and restore iOS 5.0.1 on your device. After getting the installation done, don’t start to set up your device yet.
- Use RedSnOw to Jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 firmware on Windows and Mac.
- Connect the device to the computer after jailbreaking it. Launch the i-Funbox or iPhone Explorer software on your Mac computer or Windows respectively.
- Open the software using this path: filesystem/library/coreservices/systemversion.plist. After locating the .plist file, copy and save it on your computer.
- Click the .plist file and open it from the desktop using Text Editor or NotePad and delete the key and string given below: <key>ReleaseType</key> <string>beta</string>
- Close the file after saving the changes and copy this .plist file back to its original location. After copying it, restart your device. You will have to start your device using a tethered boot via RedSnOw in a similar way as you have jailbroken your device.
This is the full and complete process to install iOS 5.0.1 firmware without developer account. In case you are still facing any difficulties, write down a comment below.